While you are planning your Amish Country trip to Ohio, there are some must-do stops to make!
Holmes County is about 80% Amish and has the second largest Amish community in the world. The main towns are Berlin, Millersburg and Walnut Creek.
- Go to a weekly livestock auction – the Amish line their buggies up outside
- Visit a roadside stall or local market – the Amish make the best vanilla ice cream maybe try it with “Shoo Fly Pie”
- Go to the Amish and Mennonite Heritage Center and learn about their culture
- Visit Hershberger Farm and Bakery for an insight into their farming practices and eat some fantastic home-made produce
- Book a tour to have a meal with an Amish family. Often you are able to purchase their wares – a handmade quilt, wooden children’s toys, leather work or articles of clothing, to name a few.
- Spend some time at Yoder’s Amish Home
- Hire a bike and cycle along the buggie paths – which are separate from the road
- Stay at a quirky treehouse in Berlin
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside
Hope this page has been helpful in planning your Amish Country Trip! Don’t miss our page on nearby Cleveland for more fun things to do in Ohio!