Named in honor of Christopher Columbus, the city was founded in 1812. Today it is one of America’s fastest growing cities.
The city is the capital of Ohio, and below we have outlined some of the ways that you could spend your time while you are in the capital.
Don’t forget to check out our page on Columbus, Ohio that has all the details of places to visit in the city.
First of all, you can catch the Cbus which is a free form of transportation! Here is a map of the hotels that it runs near, so that when you plan your vacation, you can choose one of the hotels on the route. The Cbus will take you all around downtown. Spend a day checking out some of the downtown attractions, such as.
Columbus Downtown Attractions:
- Relax at Columbus Commons and the Scioto Audubon Metropark
- Catch a Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game
- Enjoy some dinner at the German Village
- See the replica of the Santa Maria Ship
- Have a “foodie feast” at the North Market
- After a long day being a tourist, pop into Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams for a mouthwatering ice cream
Venture outside of the district where the Cbus runs to see some other great sites:
- Center of Science and Industry – “hands-on” science museum will enthrall and entertain all ages.
- Franklin Park Conservatory
- Columbus Museum Of Art
- Take a drive and spend a few hours at Columbus Zoo. If it’s hot, go next door to Zoombezi Bay Waterpark
We Hope you enjoy your Columbus trip!