Are you looking for fun things to do in Ohio? Read on to find some great ideas about some great attractions.
There are 3 main cities in the Mid-western state of Ohio – Columbus, the capital, Cleveland, situated on beautiful Lake Erie and Cincinnati, in the south of the state. Toledo, Dayton and Sandusky are also main tourist areas too.
Here’s a quick list of fun things to do in Ohio!
THINGS TO DO IN CLEVELAND
- Metroparks Zoo
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Great Lakes Science Centre
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium
- A Christmas Story House
- West Side Market
- Museum of Natural History
- Auto-Aviation Museum
- Botanical Gardens
- Museum of Art and Contemporary Art Museum
- Museum of Medical History
THINGS TO DO IN SANDUSKY
- Cedar Point
- Castaway Bay
- Lake Erie Island Cruises
- Kalahari Resort and Convention
- Merry-Go-Round Museum
- Sandusky Speedway
HOCKING HILLS STATE FOREST
- Horseback riding
- Nature walks
THINGS TO DO IN COLUMBUS
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
- Cosi – Science museum and Planetarium
- Field of Corn
- Franklin Park Conservatory
- Scioto Mile and Bicentennial Park
- Wright-Patterson Airforce Museum
THINGS TO DO IN CINCINNATI
- Cincinnati Zoo and Aquarium
- Krohn Butterfly Conservatory
- Museum Center at Union Terminal
- John A Roebling Suspension Bridge
- Cincinnati Reds Baseball Hall of Fame
- Carew Tower and Observation Deck
In addition to these, there is the great outdoors! There are many state and local parks that offer hiking, fishing, boating, camping and caving along with bike tracks and hiking trails.
You can also cruise the Ohio River on a steamboat – boardering the state of Kentucky. You can enjoy a meal or try few hands of poker in the atmosphere of an old time steamboat.
Paramount Kings Island, which is located near Mason, offers both thrill seekers and water lovers with an unlimited source of fun things to do. The Island also provides a special children’s area and preplanned musical shows throughout the park.
If you want to have some fun riding bikes than Cedar point, which is located near Lake Eerie, can fulfill this adventure.